Sunday 30 August 2009

Reflected light

I found the reflected light exercise hard to get into as i find it harder to draw man-made objects and prefer natural forms. But once i began a few drawing i began to get more confident with what i was drawing and decided to try a pencil study of two aftershave bottles before i move on to the larger charcoal drawing. One bottle was more of a simple rectangle shape while the other had a curved back. I thought as they were both glass and also had different shapes it would make an interesting and challenging drawing.
I think this one turned out much better than what i thought it was going to when i started the drawing and i managed to get a reasonable 3-D effect and also the 'look' of glass and a shiny reflective surface.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lyzanne, thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment, I think you've done a great job here on a very difficult subject.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete